Which foreign language is best to learn?
“Learning a foreign language not only reveals how other societies think and feel, what they have experienced and value, and how they express themselves, it also provides a cultural mirror in which we can more clearly see our own society.”Chancellor Edward Lee Gorsuch
After contemplating the benefits of studying a foreign language, the dilemma of what to study and which language is better to learn arises. Most of us are often confused while choosing a language which is more in demand, offer better opportunities and support a regular financial income. This guide can help you in resolving such confusions.
You must consider the several motives and plans from the viewpoint of a student.
All organizations are now, in some way, global in nature, thus having language abilities really helps your resume stand out.
When selecting a foreign language, it will be beneficial to take into account a variety of aspects, such as difficulty level, interest, personal choice, industries, potential immigration, future ambitions, etc.
Regardless of whether you want to expand your job options or look for work abroad. Or perhaps you’re boosting your motivation for business, seeking adventure, or simply trying to cross things off your bucket list.
Learning a new language is a process of skill development that can help in your growth and progress. You can earn and learn at the same time. But choosing a language is not a simple task. It should appropriately satisfy your needs and requirements. Let us discuss how you can choose a language that benefit you the most.
MOST POPULAR FOREIGN LANGUAGES TO LEARN
The demand for cross-cultural communication and understanding has increased as a result of globalization and international trade. Studying one or more languages is a terrific method to improve your employment possibilities because learning a foreign language can increase your income by up to 15%.
With 1.5 billion people learning foreign languages, English is the most studied language in the world.
French is the second most learned language in the world, with 120 million students worldwide. This article will examine the languages that people throughout the world study the most.
TOP 10 FOREIGN LANGUAGES TO LEARN IN INDIA
The top 10 foreign languages that you could easily learn in India are: –
- Mandarin: – Mandarin language is spoken by more than a 920 million people worldwide. China owns the twenty-first century, and soon going to be the superpower and becoming fluent in the language will help you succeed in the future’s global economy
- German: – It is the mother tongue used most frequently in Europe. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and other countries all have it as their official language.
- French: – In India, learning French is the most common foreign language. It is the sixth most spoken language in the world and the second most commonly taught language after English. Approximately 300 million people worldwide speak French, which is spoken in more than 30 nations. Furthermore, according to Forbes, there will be 750 million French speakers worldwide by 2050.
- Portuguese: – Portuguese is a foreign Phonetic language that belongs to the Sino – language family and has its roots in the European Iberian Peninsula. Portuguese, Brazil, Cape Verde, Angola, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau, and So Tomé and Principe all have it as their legal language, while East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, and Macau have it as their cross language.
- Spanish: – When comparing the most widely studied foreign languages, Spanish consistently comes up around the top. The official language of 20 nations, Spanish has 400 million native speakers. Spanish is a language that is spoken by 572 million people globally. Around 13% of Americans speak Spanish at home, making it a frequently spoken language in the country. Your travels in Spanish-speaking nations would be improved by learning the language, and it also creates prospects in a variety of Indian businesses.
- Dutch:- Dutch is a dialect of West Germany that is spoken as a principal tongue by roughly 25 million people and as a second or third language by 5 million. Following its near cousins German and English in terms of usage, it is the third most frequent European language. You might think about choosing the Dutch language in addition to occupations involving languages for reasons including higher education in the Netherlands, migrating, commerce, tourism, interest, cultural component, and more.
- Italian: – Italian is a Romance language like many others, which explains why. Since its origins are in Latin, learning it is not too difficult. The ease of learning Italian is really rated at 1 on the FSI and ILR scales. With each course lasting four hours and taking place over a five-day workweek, you can learn the language in 400 hours of classroom instruction spread over four months.
- Russian: – Russia is renowned for having a rich cultural heritage. People from all corners of the world are acquiring Russian to advance their education and professional development. The reason why Indians desire to learn Russian is because of their country’s long-standing ties to Russia. It offers several chances in the disciplines of design, science, and innovation, oil and gas, the defence industry, etc.
- Japanese: – When it comes to pursuing a profession in Japan or as a tour guide in India, studying Japanese can really pay off. On a scale of how simple a foreign language is to learn; it comes in fifth place. Regarding economic and GDP growth, Japan is a top-performing nation. The political and cultural spheres in this nation are large. Japanese is an extremely useful and important language to learn because of all these aspects.
- Arabic: – 25 Middle Eastern and African nations have Arabic as their dominant language. It is one of the most significant languages in the world due to the importance of both West Asia and Africa to international trade and politics. Indians may find learning Arabic to be very simple. 4% of people worldwide speak it as their first language. One of the easiest and most valuable languages to learn is this one. This language is simple to study as a part-time course in your spare time.
WHICH FOREIGN LANGUAGE SHOULD YOU PICK?
What criteria you should follow while selecting a foreign language to learn?
- Quantity Of Speakers: – It should come as no surprise that before committing to learning a language, you should be well aware of the speaking population. You should always choose a language that is spoken worldwide by most of the people. This is help you to increase your ability to communicate globally.
- Geographical area: – Do you wish to travel around the world? If so, find out what languages are spoken widely. English, French, or Spanish are possible choices if you wish to study a language that is extensively used around the globe because they are spoken on all continents.
- Utilization and Flexibility: – You must also consider the language’s adaptability. Whether you can speak that language at your native place and workplace to communicate? How much will I use this language, you should ask yourself? Learning a language requires time and effort, and you should focus on learning the one that is most usable.
- Career Possibilities: – Consider your industry and potential business location. Spanish is an extremely helpful language to learn if you work in the United States. You should learn the language that will be helpful in your sector if you anticipate that in your firm or industry.
Hence, you should choose a language that fulfills the above-mentioned criteria built according to the basic needs and requirements while learning a foreign language.
Which foreign language is more in demand in India?
German and Spanish are two languages that are quite demanding in the Indian subcontinent. These languages are the most popular around the world.
Which foreign language is best for the future?
Mandarin language and Spanish language are best to learn for the future. China and Europe, being economically strong have huge employment sector to work in.
Which foreign language should an Indian learn?
An Indian citizen can benefit by learning the French language. With over 30 French-speaking countries around the globe, it is spoken by roughly 300 million French-speakers across the world.
Being an Indian which foreign language is easy to learn first?
For an Indian, German and Persian language are easier to learn as compared to other foreign languages. These languages contain similar semantics that of an Indian language.
Our Students are Placed in
Let us Reach You